Thursday, February 24, 2011

Carter David Casperson




I figured I better blog about the newest addition to our family. My amazing little man Carter. I should probably start off by telling you all about the day he came into the world. I was at my moms house on Sunday the 2nd of January. We decided to have a family dinner with my brother and his wife, (who was also pregnant at the time.) I had just stuffed my face with more than I should have eaten but I am so glad I did after the long night I had of only being able to eat ice. I was talking to my mom and Travis and all of a sudden water poured out. I looked at my mom and Travis and said "um guys I think my water just broke!" They were as stunned as me and kept asking if I was sure. We yelled down to my brother and his wife and told them my water broke. All they kept asking was if I was sure. I responded with sarcasm of course saying I was pretty sure I didn't just pee my pants about 5 times. I was in shock, I had been waiting 10 months for this day and was wondering if it would ever come. Now that it was here I was not ready! We hurried and got in the car and headed to the hospital. Oh and just so you know he wasn't due until the 14th of January so he came 11 days early.


My brother was nice enough and called my dad to tell him the news. We called Travis parents and told them to stop by our house and get our bags and meet us there. Good thing we were prepared and had them already packed. I then decided to call my dad and tell him the news. At first he was so shocked because he thought my brother told him Sam, his wife, is going to the hospital to have her baby. So two babies on one day he couldn't believe. I had to explain to him that Sam wasn't having her baby it was just me.
We got to the hospital at 8 and told them my water just broke. They, of course, didn't believe me at first but then saw the evidence. I don't know what it is about hospitals but they just don't believe a lot of women when they say they are in labor. Good thing mine was a given. We got situated in and waited 8 hours until my amazing son was brought into the world at 5:16 am

Labor wasn't that bad when I got the drugs, everything was a breeze. I really think I could have had him a lot faster but the Dr was busy with other patients so the nurse kept having me push then would leave for a while and come back and have me do it again. When the Doctor finally got there I pushed through 2 contractions so about 15 minutes and I heard the sound of Carters first cry. It was such an emotional day and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Carter David Casperson 6lbs 13oz 21 inches long, born at 5:16 am.

Carter is now 7 weeks and will be 2 months old next Thursday! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. He is the best looking baby for sure but that's probably because he looks just like his dad. :) He sleeps for about 4 hours every night then wakes up to eat. He is so happy and is learning how to smile and make cute noises. He rarely cries unless he is hungry. I have been so lucky with an easy pregnancy and a great labor and now an amazing baby! Here are some pictures of him throughout his life so far. :) Carter in his little dress, as his dad likes to call it. :)

His first camo outfit! Many more to come.



Carter after his bath. He looks so cute in this towel. At first Carter hated his baths, he would do whatever he could to not let his butt hit the bottom. Now he loves them!


Our first Valentines as a family! If you can't tell Carter's PJ's have x's and o's on them.


These are the first good pictures I have of Carter smiling. I am trying to get more but he stops right before the camera takes it. He is such a happy baby and loves to smile!
Carter of course has a camo pacifier. This kid is destined to be a hunter.


These are some pictures that my amazing sister and her friend took of Carter. So much fun and they got some great pictures!

Sorry I went a little crazy with adding a ton of pictures. I can't help but show this little guy off. He is so cute and I love being his mom!

4 comments:

  1. He's so handsome. It's fun there are so many little boys in the ward all born around the sane time. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Carter is such a little Stud!! I can't wait to see him and you guys again :)

    ReplyDelete